We help clients leverage and protect their most valuable IP assets.
We regularly advise clients on the clearance, selection, development, prosecution, enforcement, and transaction of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and other property rights, with a special focus on structuring technology agreements that reflect a practical business perspective.
Recognizing that IP is a global business asset, we have established an international network of lawyers who work with us to protect our clients’ IP rights around the world. We represent clients in all phases of IP infringement litigation and advocate aggressively on their behalf in administration proceedings, arbitrations, and litigation in federal and state courts throughout the country.
In addition, we coordinate with colleagues across our firm to deliver advice that helps our clients meet their broader business objectives while maximizing the market value of their IP assets. We also help companies accelerate their market penetration through strategic business alliances that leverage their IP strengths, as well as through licensing agreements that extend and protect their ownership rights. By applying our understanding of the commercial realities behind technology use and its application, we help clients achieve business-oriented results—in the marketplace and in the courtroom.
- General business counsel
- In-house counsel
- Technology transfer managers
- Health care, biotechnology, telecommunications, medical device, solar, fiber optic network, mechanical, and electromechanical arts companies
- Research, investigation, analysis, and opinions regarding patentability, infringement, design-around, current awareness, and due diligence studies
- Research, investigation, and opinions as to the availability of and ability to register and protect trademarks and trade dress
- Prosecution of applications for registration and procurement of patents, trademarks, and copyrights
- Comprehensive IP litigation, from infringement lawsuits to trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings
- Protection of trade secrets and confidential information through agreements and litigation
- Assistance with technology transactions
- Licensing of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, technology, computer software, and other protected material
- Technical assistance and advice in all aspects of intellectual property, including scope and strength, title monetization, and disclosure and invention submission procedures
- Due diligence analysis in mergers and acquisitions that leverage client IP strengths
- Litigation of high-profile corporate technology cases