TOLEDO, OH – Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP is pleased to announce that Jenifer A. Belt, partner in the Toledo office, was named a “2013 Most Powerful and Influential Woman of Ohio” presented by the National Diversity Council.
Ms. Belt was recognized for her leadership excellence, accomplishments, and commitment at the 2013 Ohio Diversity and Leadership Conference on Thursday, October 24, 2013 at the Westin Columbus, in Columbus, Ohio.
The award recognizes and honors women who have made a difference through their achievements and excel in their field. Recipients were chosen based on the following criteria:
• Provides leadership excellence in the public and/or private sectors
• Sustains a record of accomplishments and/or contributions to field of work throughout scope of her career
• Has clout within her organization in terms of significant impact on revenues, profitability, and/or direction of the organization
• Demonstrates leadership and commitment to community well-being and/or high visibility in the community
• Exhibits and demonstrates a commitment to the highest ethical standards and professional excellence
Ms. Belt serves as co-administrator of Shumaker’s Healthcare practice group. Her practice includes both transactional and litigation matters for a range of health care providers, including health systems, hospitals, long term care providers, physician groups, physicians, and health care networks.
Ms. Belt is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® and is a recipient of the 20 Under 40 Leadership Award.
Ms. Belt received her J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Toledo College of Law and her B.A, cum laude, from Miami University.
* * *
Founded in 1925, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP is a full service law firm with more than 225 attorneys practicing in Toledo and Columbus, Ohio; Tampa and Sarasota, Florida; and Charlotte, North Carolina.