Wyatt is an associate in the Employee Compensation & Benefits/ERISA practice group in the Toledo, Ohio office of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP.
Wyatt has extensive experience with Taft-Hartley benefit plans, both as an attorney and as an administrator, giving him unique insight into the needs and goals of clients’ plans. He is a benefits and executive compensation attorney who devotes his practice to:
- Multiemployer health and welfare plans
- Multiemployer retirement and pension plans
- Regulatory compliance for benefit plans
- Preparing for and resolving plan audits and corrections with the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor
- Advising benefit plan representatives on fiduciary, operational, and document compliance matters
- Executive compensation and retirement planning
He has worked extensively with auditors and agents from the IRS and DOL to resolve issues on behalf of his clients. Further, Wyatt regularly speaks at local, regional, and national conferences about employee benefits and compensation matters.
While in law school, Wyatt was the Editor-in-Chief of the University of Toledo Law Review.
Prior to law school, Wyatt worked for four years as a manager for a self-administered multiemployer funds office. While there, he earned his Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification.