Amy has been serving companies across Florida for over 20 years. With a deep dedication to community and economic development, Amy specializes in advocacy on the local, state, and federal levels along with corporate philanthropy, strategic business development, and corporate communications. Amy’s diverse experience spans across for-profit and not-for-profit companies. Amy speaks to women’s groups nationally and published her first book earlier this year.
Amy’s leadership roles and successes include:
- Fifth Third Bancorp, Cincinnati, OH. Managed affiliate relationships and due diligence. Reported to the executive Vice President, Retail, Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Orlando Health, Orlando, Fla. Managed marketing and communications. Created and directed the government relations and advocacy efforts for the eight healthcare systems and teaching hospital.
- Florida’s Trauma Alliance-Statewide. Created and led Florida’s Trauma Alliance, and crafted Florida’s red light legislation to fund trauma centers.
- Southern Strategy Group-Tampa Bay. Managing partner for one of the nation’s largest lobbying firms. Represented over 20 clients from various industries throughout Tampa Bay.
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital- Tampa Bay. Vice president, corporate, community and government relations. Managed over 30 team members and secured millions of dollars in funding and grants. Directed the commercialization efforts for Florida.
- Coca-Cola Beverages Florida- Statewide. Vice president public affairs, communications & government. Led corporate philanthropy and sustainability efforts along with communications, regulatory and policy initiatives.
Amy has started and led several companies. One, Shamrox USA, was a cause related company specializing in sportswear. All products were made in US and designed by women. Amy also led a successful lobbying and communications practice with a focus on corporate philanthropy and sustainability.
Amy values her community service and has served on numerous boards supporting children and families throughout Florida. She served in leadership roles on the boards of: YMCA of the Suncoast, Religious Community Services, Harbor House, Dr. Phillips Foundation, SPCA, Feeding Tampa Bay, Swim Across America, and Metropolitan Ministries. She also co-founded and chaired the St. Pete Innovation District.