We advise and assist clients with the full spectrum of business transactions.
Our clients benefit from our substantial experience with all types of business transactions, including sales and leases of goods and intangible property; credit transactions; and payment transactions, including checks, funds transfers, ACH transactions, and letters of credit.
Because we have long represented companies engaged in national and international businesses, we have a proven track record in successfully handling transactions that require compliance with multiple state and foreign country laws. Our experience also includes structuring deals in niche fields that require the resolution of unique issues, such as loans to retrofit buildings with energy savings equipment. We regularly coordinate with members of other Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP departments to ensure that clients in regulated industries—such as health care and transportation—comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Committed to providing efficient, effective representation, we streamline our services by using computerized forms as a starting point for many transactions, which allows our clients and their in-house counsel to handle many transactions directly.
- International and national manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors
- Warehouses, including grain elevators
- Documentation of sales of tangible property, including warranty matters
- Counsel on transactions involving all types of receivables and negotiable investments
- Structuring of distribution systems
- Assistance with preparing distributor agreements, standard forms, and warranty matters
- Assistance in handling troubled contracts with suppliers and customers
- Advice on asset acquisitions of businesses
- Negotiating and counseling concerning letters of credit, standby letters of credit, and other credit enhancements
- Advice on various credit transactions, including asset-based loans, currency swaps, equipment leases, and commercial loans
- Counseling and litigation regarding listed items and funds transfers, payment systems, negotiable instruments, and fraud and embezzlement matters
- Counseling and litigation support services regarding consumer credit laws, consumer sales practice laws, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, and similar consumer regulations