Amanda is Managing Partner of Shumaker's Akron office. Certified as a Specialist in Insurance Coverage Law by the Ohio State Bar Association, she is a member of Shumaker’s Litigation and Disputes Service Line, where she focuses on insurance recovery. Amanda is routinely successful in compelling insurers to honor their coverage obligations. She has helped her clients recover amounts ranging from hundreds of thousands to hundreds of millions of dollars and has assisted in critical amicus efforts to develop and protect the law for the benefit of policyholders. Amanda’s claim and litigation approach is designed to help clients efficiently obtain favorable results in all aspects of the process—from claim submission through the resolution of disputes in litigation. She has extensive experience in numerous types of coverage disputes, including general liability, property and business interruption, construction, directors and officers, cyber, professional liability, crime, public officials liability, maritime, and long-tail products and environmental liability. Amanda also frequently assists her clients in developing contractual risk-shifting strategies and selecting appropriate insurance coverage to manage risk.
Renowned as a leader in insurance law, Amanda is skilled and excels at giving sound, practical advice on any type of insurance issue, whether advising on the scope of coverage or asserting a claim against a carrier. Amanda’s clients have described her as "extremely talented and a force to be reckoned with—this is a lawyer that you want in your corner on any policyholder-side coverage matter" and is "a very knowledgeable coverage lawyer" - Chambers USA 2022 (Insurance: Ohio).
Amanda also has substantial experience representing companies of all sizes in their business disputes. Her experience is diverse and includes employment litigation, construction disputes, shareholder disputes, breach of contract, business torts, and zoning issues. Amanda takes a business-minded approach to commercial litigation so that companies can minimize their litigation costs and the time they must dedicate to resolving them.
In her free time, Amanda enjoys traveling with her daughters and husband, hiking and skiing, reading historical fiction, and socializing with friends.
- 02.28.2024 Plastic-Maker Says Insurers Must Cover Worker Death Suit, Law360
- 02.13.2024 Shumaker Names Six Attorneys to Help Lead Fast-Growing Business Sectors, Legal Reader
- 11.02.2023 Ohio Law Applies in Insurance Dispute over Superfund Remediation Costs, Claims Journal
- 11.01.2023 Contaminated Michigan Site's Insurance Row Subject to Ohio Law, Bloomberg Law News
- 10.27.2023 Travelers Unit Can't Toss Mineral Co.'s Talc Coverage Suit, Law360
- 08.11.2023 Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick opens an Akron office, Akron Legal News
- 06.06.2023 Shumaker Law Firm Expands its Ohio Presence with Acquisition of Insurance Recovery Group, Legal Reader
- 05.23.2023 Shumaker expands its Ohio presence with acquisition of insurance recovery group, Tampa Bay Business & Wealth
- 05.22.2023 Shumaker Law Firm Expands its Ohio Presence with Acquisition of Insurance Recovery Group, SRQ Magazine
- 05.16.2023 Columbus law firm Shumaker opening Akron office with newly added insurance recovery team, Columbus Business First
- 05.16.2023 Shumaker Adds Insurance Recovery Group in Ohio, Law360