We guide clients through the opportunities and challenges inherent to the technology industry.
As technology continues to evolve, so do the concerns faced by companies who operate in this industry. Intellectual property (IP) hurdles, changing regulatory requirements, and economic uncertainties all threaten to disrupt your business. No matter the challenge, Shumaker’s technology attorneys stand ready to help clients protect their assets and thrive in a shifting environment.
Our team provides guidance on issues innate to technology utilization, including cybersecurity prevention and remediation, data licensing, and the development of website policies and agreements. In addition, attorneys from across our 10 service lines counsel technology companies through a myriad of corporate, transaction, labor and employment, IP, and associated matters. We combine our broad, up-to-date industry knowledge with the full capabilities of an AmLaw 200 firm to serve the diverse needs of our technology clients.
- Technology start-ups
- Advertising and public relations companies
- Marketing and technical consulting companies
- Software developers
- Computer systems design companies
- Telecommunications companies
- Innovation developers
- Manufacturing companies
- Graphic design companies
- Computer hacking, ransomware, and data breach response and mitigation services
- Developing privacy and security policies and advising on best practices
- Data licensing agreements
- Negotiation of venture capital investment documentation
- Comprehensive guidance on organizational issues, governance, training, development, compliance, general policies, liability, management, and business concerns
- Business, tax, and estate planning
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Employment law
- Employee benefits and executive compensation
- Intellectual property matters, including patent and trademark application prosecution, as well as non-disclosure agreements and trade secret policies
- Litigation and dispute resolution