Chambers USA has recognized five Shumaker lawyers as “Leaders in their Field” in the recently released 2021 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
Shumaker lawyers who have been honored include:
- Michael E. Born – Natural Resources & Environment (Ohio)
- James H. Culbreth, Jr. – Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (North Carolina)
- Peter R. Silverman – Franchising: Mainly Franchisee (USA - Nationwide)
- Darrell C. Smith – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity (Florida: North & Central)
- Gregory C. Yadley – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity (Florida: North & Central)
The firm also received recognition in three practice groups:
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity – Florida: North & Central
- Healthcare – South Carolina
- Natural Resources & Environment – Ohio
Chambers USA, published by Chambers and Partners, is an annual legal guide that ranks law firms and lawyers based on independent research, including in-depth interviews with practicing attorneys and clients. A team of 200+ researchers assess the attorneys’ and law firm’s legal abilities, professional conduct, client service, industry knowledge, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client.