In practice at Shumaker for over 30 years, Ernie is the firm’s Transportation and Distribution Business Sector Chair, representing clients from a variety of industries in the Tampa Bay area, across Florida and the United States, and overseas. Ernie serves as counsel for the largest liquid bulk transportation company in North America. He also represents the leading global provider of depot, maintenance, cleaning, and transportation services to the intermodal tank container industry, as well as other sector participants such as freight transportation brokers. Ernie’s advice—paired with the benefit of his experience, insight, and guidance—often helps clients avoid litigation, but he is also an innovative and tenacious advocate when necessary, whether in the courtroom or across the negotiating table.
- In addition to his transportation and distribution sector clients, Ernie represents:
- A global beauty and nutrition company
- A stem cell cryopreservation and regenerative medicine company
- A Women’s Business Enterprise National Council Certified nationwide calibration laboratory
- A multi-state pharmacy, health care services, and products retailer
- An international telecommunications equipment, services, and software supplier
- Domestic and international brand automobile dealerships
Ernie is proud of the decades-long relationships he has built with his clients, many of which have continued through changes of management, ownership, and control, and he is extremely grateful for the trust and confidence those clients repeatedly place in him to address and resolve their most significant legal issues.
Ernie has also earned the respect and trust of his Shumaker colleagues, who have elected him to serve on the firm’s management committee and as Managing Partner of the Tampa office, and he has also held a variety of other leadership roles at Shumaker throughout his career.