The law firm of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP is pleased to announce that five of the firm’s attorneys have been named Partners of the firm, effective January 1, 2017.
New partners are: Hugo S. “Brad” deBeaubien, Zachary P. Madden, Kathleen G. Reres, Rebecca E. Shope, and Jon P. Skelton.
- Hugo S. “Brad” deBeaubien is a member of the litigation and labor and employment practice groups in the Tampa, Florida office. Brad practices primarily in the area of business litigation, with an emphasis on bankruptcy and labor and employment law. He received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Florida State University and his B.A. from the College of William and Mary.
- Zachary P. Madden is a member of the corporate and REIT practice groups in the Toledo, Ohio office. Zach represents business entities of all sizes. Zach’s practice includes financing transactions, contract negotiations, mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, securities regulation and reporting, corporate governance, and other general corporate matters. He received his J.D. from the Ohio State University and his B.A. from Brigham Young University.
- Kathleen G. Reres is a member of the litigation and community associations practice groups in the Tampa, Florida office. Kathleen’s practice includes litigation and general counsel representation for homeowners associations, condominium associations, business organizations, financial entities, municipal corporations and individuals. She received her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Florida and her B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of Central Florida.
- Rebecca E. Shope is a member of the labor and employment and litigation practice groups in the Toledo, Ohio office. Rebecca represents employers in administrative and litigation matters and assists employers in navigating complex employment laws and regulations. Additionally, Rebecca represents clients in divorce and child custody matters, and is trained in collaborative divorce law matters. She received her J.D., cum laude, from The University of Toledo College of Law and her B.S., summa cum laude, from Heidelberg College.
- Jon P. Skelton is a member of the trusts and estates and taxation practice groups in the Tampa, Florida office. He concentrates his practice on general tax, corporate/business and wealth management. Jon received his LL.M., Taxation, and his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and his B.A., cum laude, from the University of Florida.
* * *
Founded in 1925, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP is a full-service law firm with more than 250 lawyers and five offices in Toledo and Columbus, Ohio; Tampa and Sarasota, Florida; and Charlotte, North Carolina. Shumaker is a premier provider of quality legal services. Whether it's commitment to clients or work in the community, involvement lies at the core of all of Shumaker’s initiatives.