We offer pragmatic, results-oriented counsel to corporate clients ranging from small, closely held businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Our lawyers blend creativity and strategic vision to advise clients on the full spectrum of business matters, from entity formation to dissolution. We serve companies in virtually all sectors, with particular knowledge in the fields of health care, finance (including financial institutions, financial advisors, and real estate finance), manufacturing, insurance, communications, and distribution.
Rather than taking a "one size fits all" approach, we create strong working relationships rooted in exceptionally responsive service. We align ourselves with our clients’ interests and growth plans in order to anticipate potential obstacles, and have the skill and flexibility to step in as special counsel as well as the consistency to handle ongoing issues.
- Middle market companies with revenues ranging from $30 million to $1 billion
- Commercial clients across the U.S. and in many countries around the globe
- Publicly held and family-owned companies
- Numerous members of the Fortune 500
- More than 25 percent of our work involves cross-border matters
- Advice on choosing the appropriate form of business entity—corporation, general or limited partnership, limited liability company, joint venture, or individual proprietorship—for maximum operational and tax efficiency
- Guidance on structuring efficient sales, supply or licensing agreements, consulting or similar business arrangements, and other essential contracts and relationships
- Counseling on the fiduciary duties of officers and directors, including the proper powers of board members, their interaction with management, and their responsibilities to shareholders
- Assistance with transfer of business control, whether through development of succession plans, responding to recapitalization offers, or handling business sale or dissolution arrangements
- Collaboration with privately owned and family-owned businesses and their management to develop appropriate entity structures, financial strategies, and succession plans
- Recommendations to public company boards and senior executives on governance issues involving fiduciary duties, duty of care, and the business judgment rule
- Advice to board members regarding committee structure, indemnification rights, and D&O insurance
- Help for public and private companies to resolve shareholder disputes, conduct shareholder meetings, and respond to shareholder derivative actions
- Assistance with disclosure, compensation, and compliance matters